Your cart is empty
Buying a gun online is an easy, private, and legal way to buy your next gun. Humphreys' Gun Shop is one of many reputable online firearm retailers. The process is essentially the same no matter if you're purchasing from us or another online seller.
Follow the four steps below to learn how to legally buy a firearm online. Then take a look at some important things to know throughout the process.
First, familiarize yourself with basic federal law regarding the purchase of firearms. Note that your state, city, or locality may have additional rules and regulations. You should confirm that the item you are purchasing can be legally possessed in your area of residence. Refer to the ATF's list of Prohibited Persons to confirm you are eligible to purchase and/or possess a firearm.
Federal law requires that all firearms must be shipped to a local Federal Firearm Licensee (FFL) Dealer in your state. FIREARMS CANNOT BE SHIPPED DIRECTLY TO THE BUYER. During the checkout process, you have the option of shipping to Humphreys’ Gun Shop or to an FFL Dealer in your area.
If you opt to ship to an FFL Dealer other than Humphreys’ Gun Shop, you need to confirm that your chosen FFL Dealer is willing to accept transfers shipped to them (on your behalf) from other online dealers. Note that nearly all FFL Dealers charge a transfer fee. We recommend you contact your chosen FFL Dealer before ordering.
IMPORTANT! If your gun is NOT being shipped to Humphreys’ Gun Shop, it is your responsibility to coordinate with your chosen FFL Dealer and have a copy of their FFL license emailed to us at email@example.com. Please include your full name and order number if possible. We cannot ship your order until we receive a copy of your chosen dealer's FFL license. If we do not receive a copy of your chosen dealer's FFL license with seven days of your order, your order will be cancelled.
1. Find the gun you want and add it to your Shopping Cart.
2. From your Shopping Cart, select Checkout.
3. Sign in, Create an Account, or choose Checkout as Guest.
4. Under Shipping Details, choose Pickup in Store or Ship to FFL. (If shipping to an FFL other than Humphreys’ Gun Shop, select your chosen FFL dealer by inputting your zip code.)
5. Enter your payment details and billing address.
6. Enter gift card or coupon code, if applicable.
7. Review our Store Policies, then check the box to agree.
8. Review your order, then select Complete Purchase.
You will receive an order confirmation email shortly after you place your order. When your order ships, you will receive a shipping confirmation with tracking information.
If your firearm was shipped to Humphreys’ Gun Shop and you see that it has been delivered, please allow 24 hours for it to be processed before pickup. You can call us at 830-775-1983 to ensure it is ready. If your firearm was shipped to another FFL Dealer, please call them to inquire about the status of your firearm.
When you pick up your gun, you will be required to complete the Firearms Transaction Record (Form 4473) and pass the NICS background check. The process of transferring a firearm from the dealer to the buyer usually takes about 15 minutes. Note that some states have waiting periods that begin when the transfer process is complete. Other states do not have waiting periods and allow the buyer to take possession of the firearm as soon as the transfer process is complete.
Note that most dealers charge a fee to transfer a firearm. If you order your gun online with Humphreys' Gun Shop and have it shipped directly to us for pickup, there is no transfer fee.
- It is your responsibility to know the laws in your area regarding the purchase, transfer and ownership of firearms.
- IMPORTANT! The person who purchases the gun must be the person to pick it up and complete the transfer.
- Unless you are positive that your chosen FFL Dealer will process your transfer, you should contact them before placing your order. Ask if they will accept the shipment and process your transfer. You should also ask how much they will charge for the transfer.
- When you arrive at your chosen FFL Dealer, INSPECT THE FIREARM THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE TRANSFER PROCESS. Once the transfer process is complete, the gun is yours and may not be returned to Humphreys’ Gun Shop.
- If upon inspection you see that the gun is defective, leave the gun with the dealer and contact us as soon as possible, preferably before you leave the dealer.
- If you wish to proceed with the transfer, follow the dealer's instructions for completing Firearms Transaction Record (Form 4473) and wait a few minutes while the dealer calls in the NICS background check.
- IMPORTANT! Your current address (where you reside) must match the address on your identification. Be sure your license is up to date and unexpired.
- If you live in a state that requires a waiting period before you can take possession of the gun, the waiting period begins after you pass the background check. If you live in a state that does not require a waiting period, you may take your new gun home with you.
- If you encounter problems with your firearm after the transfer is complete, you must contact the manufacturer for warranty and repair issues.